An homage to the friendship of overeducated fanboys

A homage to a conversation between overeducated fanboys (and not a rip-off)

You have to understand, reading comics is a solitary affair (though it is sometimes fun between the right people who don’t mind sitting close enough!), but much as an unpublished comic is never fully realized without its non-creator reader to give it its own special life (see “Double Articulation” blog commenting “On Gender”, an online treasure), the friendship and humor built from a language of the sparkling personalities who read them and otherwise participates in the world is required as a catalyst to extract the continuing pay-out of fandom. In other words, it’s not just the treehouse, it’s the club house banter inside that makes it what it is.

I’d been drawn into several chats with distant family, in lieu of the story with which I’ve wrestled of late, still sitting behind an as-yet-unfulfilled desktop shortcut, when my old pal (one without kids---yet!) who has of late begun an affair to remember with my sister (also a passing, casual comic book fan in days of old) decided to respond to my summons across the internet, in my merciful attempt to console him as I have her, with wit and reflection, following her necessary return here to America from her visit to him in Sri Lanka as she ties up business and realizes she in fact is willing to go back and be by his side until he can overcome his country’s corrupt officialdom and achieve freedom to depart “Shit Land” once and for all. That’s a pretty good story, itself.

C:
I must confess I have been hoping to marshal mental forces to tackle the one story
am practically ready to draw a pentagram and actually summon Azuthar
I've been through some...interesting times with my sister, but it all made clarity when seeing it as your sitch
We have been having a marvelous time
I think she gained a lot of perspective from her visit
6:22amJohann
How about channeling Steve Ditko or Jerry seigle or that good egg the Martian Manhunter
Old jerry it seems had quite the life
6:22amC
An ubermensch objectivist who likes Oreos?
Is he the one who was blind by the time of the Superman movie?
6:23amJohann
Yes
I was reading up on his life
and his other works besides Snuppermann
6:25amC
Ah!
I thought perhaps you might be chatting with my sis
6:25amJohann
I am we are talking about food
6:26amC
I enjoyed the details about the outdoor kitchen and the means of ventilation inside via spaces between wall/ ceiling
6:27amJohann
You have to have that here or else spend a ton on Air conditionong
6:28amC
and that would short out the grid like Electro's last ransom plot
6:28amJohann
Yep
6:29amC
yee-ees?
6:29amJohann
Although I keep thinking about major Bummer's invention. a generator thjat is powered by a single AA battery that produes electricity for a whole house and the by product is ice
6:30amC
Oo!
Haven't thot of the proto-slacker hero in almost a decade
6:30amJohann
Remember you loaned me those books that stringy loaned You
Ok you remember
6:31amC
Heck yah
Those times gathering at Stringy's are remembered so fondly---we were just reminiscing over their Halloween party.
6:31amJohann
I have been enjoying reading ABC's Tom Strong and others
Quite good
6:32amC
Weird, I was just reading about Rick Veitch and his ABC take when you popped up
I was retracing my swath through the comic scholar blogs
6:32amJohann
That means you have to figureout a way to download it and read.
6:34amC
Read what exactly, effendi?
waitaminnit, I was swiping from STanLee but it feels totally weird calling YOU effendi
6:35amJohann
ABC comics which are available for dopwnload
6:35amC
Ooo, Promethea included?
6:35amJohann
Yes
6:36amC
I can never find free torrents before I give up and find something else to read
6:36amJohann
I am on issue 6 of it right now
6:36amC
It really started to get good around 6
We were reading Kaballah in those days
6:36amJohann
OK you need to install Azureus or Usenext as your download programme
and then go to Isohunt.com
6:37amC
until Angela read enough of it to start feeling weird tingles and decided maybe we neeed more knowledge
okay!
6:37amJohann
and type Tom Strong or promethea
6:37amC
Wish I could get Immortal Iron Fist the same way...dying to read 1-16
6:38amJohann
It's available go to isohunt
6:39amC
So that's the ticket!
I must
6:50amJohann
Sorry got knocked of the internet
6:50amC
Yah!
I copied your isohunt torrent instructions
6:50amJohann
OK
Thats awesome
6:51amC
Goodie goodie
Now if only they have Steve GErbrer's Defenders
from 1975=6
6:51amJohann
Now all you need is a cbr programme
Look for Marvel silver age pack
6:51amC
I will hold this old Tomb of Dracula under my nose and pretend I'm reading old comics
cbr programme?
comic book reader
6:53amC
Oh boy anticipating our future wildlife hikes
6:53amJohann
No Ceramic Ball roller quite useful. For what I dont know but useful
6:53amC
and the crazy places we will resurrect Anything Goes School
Ceramic Ball Roller? Did youfind it in a massage parlor in Bangkok
6:54amJohann
Bed and I are talking aboot my return as a Martial artist and Dancer
Nope at James tailor (Note: NEVER let a cabbie trick you into going to see “James Tailor” in Thailand.)
6:55amC
I've seen fire, and I've seen rain/ I've seen tourist scams that I thot would never end
Way of the intersecting Toe
6:56amJohann
Thats what James tailor will see in his face
6:56amC
LOL
Muy Toe
6:56amJohann
although their Sales technique is quite reminiscent of the Humphries/Lucas/Granger method
6:57amC
Conning the mugs
6:57amJohann
Lost your last post please re-post
6:57amC
oh=--conning the mugs
6:58amJohann
Yep
6:58amC
Forgive this insignificant insect's wording...
but where does the ceramic ball roller fit in?
7:00amJohann
Up james Tailors ass. While I tell him dont worry it will ride up with wear
7:00amC
LOL!
Actually, wheezing like Muttly so as to not awaken Angela dawn
LOL! That is good on the third read still
7:01amJohann
James tailor was our plumpo in Thailand (We will have to discuss Plumpo another day, based on a real person)
Almost every Taxi driver tried to take us there If we did not watch out
7:02amC
Deb enjoyed telling me about her method
7:02amJohann
we ended up there against our will
7:03amC
Bruce Wayne as a disguised Muy Thai fighter (nah), beetle and booster at James Tailor's...
I smell Justice League Int'l (fan fiction idea alert! Save us) would love to write them another valentine
7:04amJohann
Same here
7:06amC
You know, I've no individual to thank, but much as Debra has given life back to you, you have given me back my sister, as I rememember her before I got married
but with the decade and a half of learning as well
7:07amJohann
I think her visit to Thailand opened her eyes to the Multiverse
7:07amC
Exactly!
And huzzah, she was ready to love again like love is fresh, exciting and new
7:08amJohann
we are making plans in Canada, thailand and sri Lanka because we dont know where we are going to end up in
7:11amC
Nerve wracking , yet imminently exciting!
Let me tell you, she throws in behind her man 100%
7:11amJohann
I know
Thats good
7:12amC
(provided he doesn't turn out to be a disillusioning, half-ass sort of person over the course of the following year or so)
Yeah, we have the kind of women you could pioneer with in the Old West
7:13amC
That one line has brought an ingredient to "Western Surprise" that I've been lookn for now over the past week
7:13amJohann
Lost your last post again (Note: power outages are de rigueur for Sri Lanka)
7:13amC
I
Yeah, we have the kind of women you could pioneer with in the Old West
7:13amC
That one line has brought an ingredient to "Western Surprise" that I've been lookn for now over the past week
7:14amJohann
OK
7:14amC
I've finally gotten past bemoaning that the people I made the damn thing for would never comment back about it
Now I am excited about a sub plot
7:14amJohann
Once you become great they will
7:15amC
They can offer their copies to the museum
Whadya mean "once"?
LOL
I totally got off on Guy Gardner guffawing at you though I actually sympathised profoundly
He would've been nice if it was Ice crying tho
7:16amJohann
er.... S.H.E.E.S.H. um er er I mean at once
7:17amC
As a story teller and a friend, I was so moved by your accounts
...and every girl in the audience would be crying, "no, go back, can't you see he NEEds you?"
very touching
7:18amJohann
Thats what I am missing touching her
7:18amC
and thush, I have to make a joke to put its sentimentality in the shade, as though I don't know
She was not back in U.S. 24 hours before she made her mind up that she should go and hang with you until you have escaped Dung Land
7:19amJohann
Shade the changing man?
7:19amC
I was just being a Dick-Toe
7:19amJohann
Lol
7:19amC
(which is what I used to called him)
7:19amJohann
Same here
7:20amC
The intersecting way of the toe strikes again
7:20amJohann
I loved his Missing Man series
7:20amC
OH! I must've...missed that one
Love the notion, but how do you come up with a costume that says "Missing Man?"
7:21amJohann
OH! God find Steve Ditko's Missing Man and read every issue. It isa agreat comic
7:21amC
a) proverbial trenchcoat, or
7:22amJohann
Aha. I know a Steve Ditko character you dont know nya nya nya
7:22amC
b) side of milk carton
Yeah, probably glossed over him while reading some Dick Toe scholarship in the English building computer room years ago. Some 80s Dick Toe?
7:23amJohann
Yep
7:23amC
(juvenile snickering) That seemed right
7:23amJohann
He did some work for a company whose name I cant remember
I will send you a lonk soon a link and Not Patrick Link
7:24amC
If only because I remember what he was up to through his time contemporary to the second coming of Kirby at Marvel
I'll take the Lonk as well
Will you send me the "Missing" Link?
Jesus, this is reading like a Peter David comic book PUns
7:26amC
Guess that was round the time he did his totally made-up-by-me adaptation of Atlas Shirked
or was that Atlas Slipped?
lol @ my own jokes sure sign of sleep depravity
7:26amJohann
I think it was atlas Jerked
7:26amC
LOL 7:27amJohann off (watch closely, this is that ethereal point from which writers find their ideas)
7:27amC
And asked Hercules to hold the world while he did it
LOL!
“Golden Apples my ass, I've been waiting since the defeat of the Titans to squeeze one off!"
God, I feel a nasty parody of the 12 labors coming on
7:28amJohann
Taking in account Hercule's personality and his Braggadochio I think thats what really happened
7:29amC
yeah, we need a character calling his bullshit while he relates the tale
A Robert Crumb visitation of the mythology
7:30amJohann
I think thats why he raped his cabin Boy
7:30amC
LOL
Right on top of the "Golden Fleece"
7:31amJohann
Good one
7:31amC
Now we know why he had to adjust his lion cloth on his shoulders before taking up the world again: Atlas had spunked all over it
7:31amJohann
You know old Herc the Jerk fucked anything he could
At least according to the version I read
7:32amC
I see how a Crumb-inspired take on him would totally work
7:32amJohann
Some one should do it
7:32amC
I wonder if
I've been brooding over a much-t00-serious metaphor/ story for solving my deepest darkest shit, and all along I've just needed a hysterical laugh, I think
If only I knew where to publish it, I would go for it
7:34amJohann
Sometimes thats all we need
We could call it the real Hercules
7:34amC
But what a jarring tone that would be next to my devils on the mountain story or NACB or IMMORTALS IN TRAINING
7:35amJohann
is it like " The Pantheon" ?
7:35amC
i think, to avoid having to hand it over in a volume of such things things, perhaps online?
you mean this idea here?
About the real Hercules?
7:35amJohann
Online will get you noticed and a lot of people I see online,
That do online comics, sit on panels during comic con
7:37amC
You know, yesterday it hit me: not only do I need to figure out what t-shirt premium would work and how to fund it, but also the size of a volume of say 100 t shirts and how the fuck I could haul it to San Fransisco for Wonder Con
I think I would die...maybe I need to get someone stronger to carry it...like Jerkules
or Angela, maybe
7:37amJohann
Get friends to help
Failing wich blackmail
7:38amC
I would need a divine blessing to have such enthusiastic hangers-on
They would be a new development
I can't count on anyone who has the strength or interest out here as yet, sad to say
7:39amJohann
I know
7:39amC
I would have to pay them off
7:39amJohann
if I was there I would help
7:39amC
But it's not impossible
Yeah, I know
Now, I could do it for Comic Con! (I actually reside in San Diego)
"The Real Hercules" t-shirt is starting to form from the body of Cronus in my mind
Not sure I should depict ATlas jerking off, but maybe I am underestimating how much wilder California is
7:41amJohann
He had a big belly from eating all his kids
7:41amC
That is almost too delicious a literary joke for a t-shirt
Now that was a bad dad
7:42amJohann
I think it would be acceptable in California
plus
It never hurts to give it a try Said Casanova to the Nun
7:42amC
specially if he was spunking with his back turned and Hercules is holding up the Earth with an annoyed look
What are we now, Mae West?
LOL
You know, Crumb and Groo are both good inspirations for said t-shirt design/ character design
7:44amJohann
She is a personality that made California what it is
7:44amC
Perhaps even a shameless rip-off is in order, Idk
You have hit upon much of what I love about California
and Mae West hit on everybody:-)
7:45amJohann
It's not a rip off it's homage
7:45amC
Bruce Banner could really use a Shameless Rip0ff shirt
Yes!
7:45amJohann
some times I wonder about you
7:46amC
I started calling my "fan fictions" by the name of "pastiche" in an effort to get snobs to read them
7:48amJohann
The thing about that is you got to start a forum and creat a few different id's and comment on your own work as 5 or 6 different people and get dawn to create 4 or 5 id's and comment as well
7:48amC
OH!
7:49amJohann
Thats how Valkeri Yukki became popular although you never heard that from me

7:50amC
Like the time Steve Englehart wrote a letter to the coumn of a comic that had bothered Stan Lee b/c of religious content (doctor strange, the Sis/Neg saga) and preteneded to be a preacher from Texas who approved
Hmm!
OMG it's something I haven't tried
7:51amJohann
Give it a shot
7:51amC
You know, I posted my goddamn Integr8dFix blog (the one for pastiches and commentary) on my wall...
and I commented in my status, "I would like to reach just one other person with my story" or something
and four people liked " it
7:52amJohann
Create a few fake id's and start commenting
Thats good
7:52amC
and accordin to my counter, not a damn one of them went to my blog site to read it
They thought I was talking some kind of poetic bollocvks you think up when you are snookered
7:52amJohann
But hey lemme let you go and pay attention to my Honey! after all this is our special time
7:53amC
I will try the idea, what the hell
at elast they will admire my balls if they see through my ruse
my ceraminc rolling balls
7:54amJohann
Like the Bald man once told me Deny everything untill they shove concrete proof in your face
otherwise it's their word against yours
7:54amC
Yah! It worked for Hamid Karzai
7:55amJohann
Whose he? Enlighten memy man
7:55amC
"ways to win an afghani election through fraud (and sexual deviance
He's the president. His opponent, I swear, is Prof. Abdullah Abdullah
(what is this, a Tin Tin comic?)
7:56amJohann
Finally
you made a Tin Tin joke yay!
7:56amC
and Abdullah Abdullah has quit the re-election bid because of accusations of fraud
I aim to please
and I tend to grow
Glad it worked! extra points
Well, I gotta help Gerard Depardieu with some menhirs...
7:57amJohann
man you are getting good
7:57amC
lol
7:57amJohann
although I thought he made a horrible Oblix
7:58amC
At least he had the stones to try to carry it off, mate
7:59amJohann
i'll give him that
8:01amC
You'll give him a menhir? Oh.
8:02amJohann
! gaulish Menhir and a egyptian menhir
8:02amC
Well, thanks for everything, if not for you I might have shamefully enlarged my 90s X-Men comics collection and be arguing at this moment with some asshole in his mom's basement about whether Superman should be able to lift Thor's hammer
If he did, it'd be like, "this thing's weakening me! got to throw it away...no, it's coiming back!"
8:03amJohann
Superman can lift Thors hammer because he has a Nobel hart
8:03amC
A prize dear to him
I meant a prize deer
a Nobel hart
shoot me
8:04amJohann
a Nobel pize
8:05amC
But if Obama lifted it, fandom would scream, "he doesn't deserve it!"
8:05amJohann
I agree he deserves Croms Balls
8:06amC
Well, yo've raided my comic books, the next step is to make off with my sister
or was that make out?
Crom=Libertarian candidate 4 sure
8:07amJohann
Both
BRB
8:08amC
I swear, anyone who doesn't think God is a comedian hasn't thot about bernie madoff
bye
8:09amJohann
I am back dude
8:09amC
Okay was just preserving our conversation for posterity
8:10amJohann
As long as it is not posterior
or anterior posterior
8:11amC
Dr. Anton Posterio

At this point, I slip away and leave them to their star-crossed online canoodling...to enact my homage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Blazers

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition- this day, 1985!

Lost World of Apes: the Bili and Mangani