Post 200 Create three powers for yourself


Now, the powers.


I started with the idea of someone noble, Rom. What did he need? A neutralizer, an analyzer, and a translator. This pulled my thoughts together around a model.

I decided I am available to be transported across the galaxies, but require some other agency both of and outside myself to do it, I.e I can remember a character, write about them, and so seek their contact, even their help, not unlike saints (so it isn't a power, really). So Sylvane, the fuzzy sorcerer, if he is bonded with the fictional identity of my friend---let's say, Cooper Bloodworth...then he might intervene with my world, but not for any petty things, nor at my command.

I am a creator of many sentient beings, and a whole race of sentient beings that are brilliantly playing dumb, the Stuckwayze, but as to first point, it's as much like I'm remembering those characters as they exist in the Unknown, previous to my space/time encounter. No more a power, really, than Phil Sheldon, fictional newspaper photographer in MARVELS.

My three personal powers would be:


So we can dispense with the Dire Wraiths, leave them in Limbo, if you will. What I personally want to send to Limbo is the Shitbirdiness of Regular People. I could even turn it on myself, but I think I have to straighten out my quirks and sputters the "hard way." As for them, I can eliminate the shittiness of the person, but in the long term, they must come to terms with their own selves, too. Perhaps I could substitute the two-dimensional Voidon invaders, who move among and oppress the feelings of all emotional beings on this world, to gather our will as a feast for Zavox the Terrible on the dark side of the moon, a parasite for our own self-inflicted human racial suffering..

Because I want it to work on real people, and beasts, I'd base my Neutralizer on Music. Its power source is a "call back" to the seventh dimension, The music creates a change in their bodies that makes them not suck my own energy so much. So, it's strangely a shield, and my tool, but not quite my "weapon"---I can neutralize those who chose to oppose. But it's not my fragile human form that's being shielded, so I need to watch it: all I can do is shield my mind, and pay attention to the battle at hand on that plane.


So we can dispense with the Dire Wraiths, leave them in Limbo, if you will. What I personally want to send to Limbo is the Shitbirdiness of Regular People. I could even turn it on myself, but I think I have to straighten out my quirks and sputters the "hard way." As for them, I can eliminate the shittiness of the person, but in the long term, they must come to terms with their own selves, too. Perhaps I could substitute the two-dimensional Voidon invaders, who move among and oppress the feelings of all emotional beings on this world, to gather our will as a feast for Zavox the Terrible on the dark side of the moon, a parasite for our own self-inflicted human racial suffering..

Because I want it to work on real people, and beasts, I'd base my Neutralizer on Music. Its power source is a "call back" to the seventh dimension, The music creates a change in their bodies that makes them not suck my own energy so much. So, it's strangely a shield, and my tool, but not quite my "weapon"---I can neutralize those who chose to oppose. But it's not my fragile human form that's being shielded, so I need to watch it: all I can do is shield my mind, and pay attention to the battle at hand on that plane.


Translator: varies according to clarity of intent, thus forcing me to seek more diplomatic encounters. Also, its capacity for each language grows according to familiar referents, If I continue to meet more people and have more encounters with people who talk basically the same, my translation ability could eventually even help me understand explanations of things like, say, how NYSE derivatives are packaged.

With slang or nonsense it may seem to go crazy, so I can't take it overly literally. This allows for translating more complex manners of speech than are sometimes depicted in earlier science fiction; body language is factored in, and if I really concentrate, there's a chance I'll be able to tell truth from lies.


Aiding in this, in times of contemplation, not action, are my previous incarnations, my greatest source for reflection. I suspect they really do actions I decide sometimes, leaving me my greatest gifts to all mankind. I am a face of them, a satellite into an adventure they consider worth risking a life. Sometimes, it is I called upon to be their agent, with no more powers than these:


My analyzer can detect where a consciousness lies, between the person who has the conscious mind, and wherever their mind might be. I can examine the molecular and vibrational content of objects, but essentially, the idea is that I understand the quantum identity of the thing or being, and I can make them aware of me, too, but how they deal with that is really not in my control, and should contain identity mystery dangers, the sort that might destroy plans and even relationships in the paralysis encountered like a swimmer's cramp in the deep. But I can seem to guide the dead themselves back to life, if time allows. But spirits move on, so the longer they've been dead, perhaps the longer we'd be waiting for them.


There would be no outward manifestation of my abilities, save quantum fluctuations beyond the present ability to even seek; one would need knowledge beforehand to actually watch those abilities at work. Strangely, if you create art, stories, based on this person, you would then be able to see it all in action---as though in an intense daydream. So I can be detected when I am rendered as a fictional version. By this means, I find myself, in a much more mysterious real world..

Thanks to my friend Joe, who gave me the boundaries for this creative exercise. His proposition---and truly, he has a touch of the Dungeon Master in him---came to me in an e-mail, which I hope was sent to and will be answered by some very interesting other friends.

His new blog is EatMyJuicyTurds, which is not so fecal minded, which is to say, my friend's no shit for brains.

I found them very useful in stirring towards the direction of enjoying my all original creations. They will be taking my time! here, I'll continue to post art while drawing Stuckwayze #1 and DnA #2.


Anytime I need to come here to jumpstart my writing, I will. And whenever I team up with a friend to make anything, you know so long as I am well, it will make its way here. I teamed up with sister Debra to make the first Stuckwayze thirty years ago, and here have teamed up with my friend Danny, Dixie, Johann, Cody, and all my inspriational comics creating friends, for depicting the lives of these terrific characters I have shared here, without owning them. Thanks to David and his family. I was thinking about a hero as cool as the Torch, Nova, and Iron Fist put together, when boom...thanks to david for helping me find IMWAN, where I can dig into a whole virtual dinner of absurdity and geek knowledge.

Thanks Sabrina, Eric, Darby, Finn, even Tupelo, for contributing to art here, along with Heather Green and Lyne Rooks, as well as Ian Sokolowski, and all the sites from whom I've borrowed photos, but most of all, not one thing here was really done only by me on my own.

There's always you, Marc Kane. (Her choices were empathy, psychic vision, and projecting energy through her hands.) She's invaluable in discovering those wondrous other possibilities of Us. That's why it's Integr8d Fictions.

As you can see, there are a lot of original voices bursting out of this writer, many friends inspiring their own place in my memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Blazers

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition- this day, 1985!

Lost World of Apes: the Bili and Mangani