- So you would write passages with variables and then it would automatically insert your choices
Then you could have some preset starts and endings
- So each reading strings together different characters and aspects, sometimes of the same time period of events, and sometimes different plot twists lead into alternative versions of the storyline
- But imagine, if you want a story about 5 heroes, fighting mr destroyer who is destroying Metropolis, you could get that
- My problem with TRANZ, see, is that if it were laid out linearly with all the characters I wanted, you would lose the narrative impact of each of their stories. But if you could take several shorter trips through the 900 or so pages, you could follow a smaller cast through the events...which would not end the same in everyone's parallel universes.
- That's excellent! Maybe within this year I could try one of the sort you describe here.
- Have you completed a smaller example of your own?
- It's actually quite easy to get started
First you would not generate something too unique, pretty much just a preset story where the name changes, then you start expanding from there
- For a very simple story generating preset story, change name thing? Not many
- That is actually one of the easiest thing to do , but making something that generates something completely unique would take weeks.
- Once the "engine" is coded, it is all up to how much "random" content you are willing to write.
- We also just got a book and software on Flash animation for free from my friend Joseph Braband, too
- He is the one who got me thinking about presentations done in multi-layered dvds...could work as well on websites too
- Well, understanding html and php may make it easier to learn action scripting (flash programming) as action scripting is a dynamic language
- The great thing about dynamic coding is it allows you to change the webpage, you could make the background change color everyime the page updated, lol, anything really
- Oh, I see! Learning some terminology here
- I have a few anime dvd's that actually let the viewer make some choices and depending on the choice the story changes... so I suppose you could make multiple path stories on dvd
The great thing about dynamic coding is it allows you to change the webpage, you could make the background change color everyime the page updated, lol, anything really .