Black Magick: Coming To TV! Greg Rucka, Nicola Scott, and Groundswell

Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott's creator-owned Black Magick comic series will go into TV development, as reported by Deadline.com. The same company behind "The Magicians" on SyFy, Groundswell Productions, made the deal, which sounds so far like a creator-owned property dream come true! They're producing a new show starring Hugh Laurie, Chance , for Hulu.
I've enjoyed Nicola's artwork for years now- when we couldn't afford many comics, which was Our Entire Time in Cali, Secret Six was a must-read. She's busy with alternating issues of Wonder Woman '75 now. Did you know the Australian artist was an actor before she became a pro at the drafting board? That's one more thing to ask her when I interview her after Comic Con. I think? I hope! I think she's agreed to it. I wasn't kidding. Throw me good juju!
Black Magick's the story of Rowan, who has inherited witch abilities she's put aside to concentrate on homicide/burglary cases as a police detective. Wouldn't you know, the proverbial past catches up with her, and soon the life she leads and the life she left aside come into direct conflict, necessitating Rowan integrate both sides to save her loved ones- and possibly, the entire world.
(All art, Nicola Scott) Rucka's famous for a lot of comic book writing, but I particularly enjoyed his novelization of Batman: No Man's Land. The comics are on my hit list- watch them become scarce as this TV show nears its debut! Meanwhile- jump aboard for a new twist on The Olde Ways!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Blazers

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition- this day, 1985!

Lost World of Apes: the Bili and Mangani