Gave My Helmet to Rhodey: an Iron Man folk song

Gave my helmet to Rhodey
With loose circuitry
Said, “I can’t be Shellhead
Would you do it, please?”

He put on the armor, gave Magma what-for
Forgive the few windows he made into doors

Kept warm in the Bowery
burning Ayn Rand
almost killed by irony:
death by Firebrand

With advice from Morley, Jim did pretty well
Until those damn headaches gave poor Rhodey hell

I love Indries Moomji
But met her disdain
Too late found the Chess King:
Obadiah Stane

I built my own armor from a box of spare parts
It helped me quit drinkin’, those ‘lectronic arts
Confronted the Bad Guy
At trillionaire's cost
I did save the baby
But somebody lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Blazers

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition- this day, 1985!

Lost World of Apes: the Bili and Mangani