Civil Warriors (demo) - a song of the restless militia men

Angry America's brooding zeitgeist, in the shadows of the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Not like anything you ever heard from me. A character study, rambling up from a post-election morning (after listening to the latest from Flux Oersted).
https://creatingmarvels.podbean.com/e/civil-warriors-a-song-of-the-restless-militia-men-1604856292/ "One hundred percent behind our guy."
My 1st listen to this slightly-haunting was incomplete, https://soundcloud.com/robitron/new-day-in-plain-sight and I cut off at a point in the lyrics where the singer's making an effort to say something to someone with which he disagrees. I couldn't finish listening at that moment, but I felt a stong need to make no-excuses and go sit down with my wife's acoustic guitar, "Pretty Baby," and start a song from no idea- only a mood. So, I took off from the dark shades of the flourescent tone of your song, and gathered voices of terrorists. I was like, "these lyrics are the starkest point of view in America I can imagine" by a singer who would probably hate me, too. I would not want to provoke anyone who sees the world in a way that makes this relatable, but I do wonder and relate to why they might feel this way about the changes happening in society. It might also be a complete joke of a song. I guess Integr8d Soul is not only about attempting to reflect my own occasionally integrated state, and as an artist, I had to continue the journey of depicting thoughts beyond my chosen understanding. But it would be fucked up to meet the people who would find it, unironically, a great song, for what it plainly says. I think if anyone found it worth replying, some people would distance themselves from parts of it, while embracing others. Someone would think it a genuine article from a hatemonger (with shabby one-take talents). It's part of some work I've put off doing, to put disagreeable words down to see. For years now, the story of a monster who embodies the slogans and frank talk of heart-hardened people eluded me, because while I could identify that voice, I didn't want to spend time with such an ill spirit. Easier to plot from a safe distance, than to let those words through my fingers. Imagine if that was the only way I really felt. What would happen within me to all the things I loved? This song, and "Trash Talk"- my short story- are all I have been able to commit, beyond notes. I hope I can contextualize things I do not endorse, for I have seen much more innocent things co-opted by people who seem to have a real problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Blazers

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition- this day, 1985!

Lost World of Apes: the Bili and Mangani