Layout challenge Part 1: Ditko


Powered by WebRing.







So, to start off my layout challenge, I began drawing the shapes in the first two panels.

I started adjusting, to deal with the overall page proportions.










I actually worked on the last panel last.


This process of darkening parts of the figure---to give the figure or object density---is referred to as "spotting blacks."
It's the inker's job to fill these areas completely.






Here's about twenty minutes devoted to laying out page two of our spread:











So you can see it's on there rather lightly. Then I'd come back and give it more definitive form, like the first page!`~ C Lue Lyron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Blazers

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition- this day, 1985!

Lost World of Apes: the Bili and Mangani